Monday, December 7, 2009

An Introduction to Manga


Ever since I was introduced to the Japanese animation and their culture i have grown to appreciate their artistic skills. Being the generation who was raised on seeing pokemon and other japanese like shows I never realized the influence it had on me. For me Manga transcends just being a type of comic, I believe that it is an art form. One thing I truly enjoy about manga is the quality of its line strength. How they can masterfully represent value and the dynamic poses and views that they use to drive the story onward. The manga that I did read that captivated me was Battle Angel Alita: Last Order. Not only do I believe that it was done well but I also enjoyed the futuristic setting of the story. Also the question of can a robot or artificial intelligence every have the same feelings or moral obligations that humans have to deal with daily. Of course, I enjoy the violence, action, and countless enemies. But I truly enjoy stories where your worse enemy can turn into your ally, when they or you see each other in a different light. I also read Maison-Ikkou, which I recommend also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger