Thursday, October 11, 2012

Illustrated Book Cover



"Dragon's Labyrinth"- Digital Painting 2012


This was done as a book cover illustration. Being a ravenous reader since back in the day, I have always enjoyed fantasy novels. From Dragons of Pern, the Lord of the Rings, and The Dark Elf Trilogy I have enjoyed the cover artwork that was done for them. They truly captured your imagination and set the visual tone when you started to read the book. So I wanted to try to do my very own fantasy based cover. Of course, what's a fantasy novel without a dragon. In this particular story I was imaging that the hero travels with a minotaur and his saurian/dog like pet on this grand adventure. But "Oh NO!" they are being chased by this immense dragon. But *Spoiler Alert* the dragon actually wants to help them. The one that is actually dangerous is the one I show flying in the distance on the top right. So I had a lot of fun doing this one. Still improving and I'm not done.                      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger