Monday, December 7, 2009

Comics as Contemporary Literature


For a contemporary Literature I read Bone. His comics and art style remind me of the renowned Carl Barks. I did enjoy reading bones. He definitely tries the use a lot of humor into his work. I personally like the design of bone and his cousins. Their simplicity contrasting against the harsh detailed world they got transported to. I actually did read the whole series. I have to admit that it got confusing sometimes because of the extra side stories in it. But overall I enjoyed reading it and looking at the quality of the comic. It definitely has a more digital feel to it with its bright hues and different quality of print. I would recommend many people to read this comic. It is so good that I rather classify it as a graphic novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger