Monday, December 7, 2009

EuroComics


For me when I never really knew if there were European Comics. At the time I was not really concerned about or even aware. All I knew comics were was in the good ol USA. That is why I was so glad to take this course. I was able to look at some of comics from Europe, some that I wished I had read a long time ago. For this assignment I read Asterix. It follows the adventures of Asterix and Obelix. Two vikings that comes from a viking village that are renowned for being the sole resistance to the Romans in their homeland. I loved the various stories because they all went into different cultures and areas. It is very diverse and I love the humor. I wished that they had it more in the US. I believe that it would also have a huge success if it was more available to young kids back in my days. I truly like the series because it develops the charactars well and learn grow attach to them. They are easily remembered and iconic. When I first saw the comic I thought i was made from Disney. But I was wrong. I also read some more adult comics like La Foire Aux Immortels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger