Monday, December 7, 2009

Women's Comics


All I read for the women's comics was Lillian Chestney's Classics Illustrated Arabian Night. I mean, I already knew the story of Arabian nights. But I did enjoy the illustrated quality of the comic. It was definitely more realistic in a sense. The comic reminded me of another comic that is still currently published in newspapers, its about knights I believe. But I just want to say that women have come such a long way I believe in comics. Even when I was young I always assumed that comics were made by only guys. I was ignorant, but almost correct. It wasn't a glass ceiling for women, but it was a hard ceiling. But I believe gender should definitely bar you from making comics. But it will especially be hard to discriminate against people with the technology of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger