Sunday, October 18, 2009

Will Eisner-A Contract with God/ Cartoonist Track


This is truly a great narrative story married to a wonderful comic. I trully appreciate graphic novels. I have always been an avid reader. Somedays to hiding myself from everyone just so that I could finish a book the same day. I liked reading comics but sometimes the lack of a long term plot or somekind of story with some more 'weight' made me put them aside. I always looked at the pictures and illustrations but usually rushed through the words. NOT SO! with graphic novels. I really like the vertical layout Mr. Eisner has in his graphic novel. It gives it a feeling of a book. I don't if someone has but there are some bibles that have all the verses then right on a whole page by itself in an illustration. But Mr. Eisner takes it forward and put the words with the illustration. A cartoon that is unlike a cartoon. This why it is appealing to many people around the world. People who would dare not read a comic, relish reading graphic novels. The switching over of comics first being for kids to everyday literature to me is amazing. It shows the hunger people have for knowledge. For my comic I did the second part where the boy found the stone with the contract with God. I just wanted to be funny and ironic. Just one grammatical error that could have changed anyones life forever. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger