Sunday, October 18, 2009

Winsor McCay-Little Nemo in Slumberland/ Cartoonist Track


I truly enjoyed the visual detail that Winsor McCay has in the comic Little Nemo in Slumberland. It shows his mastery of ink/line, and he is very adept with perspective. The story Little Nemo immediately appeals with me because I like to dream also. But using that as the basics of the story Mr. McCay is able to push the boundaries that cartoons are notably known for. Many layouts and designs he did for Little Nemo were quite interesting and 'out of the box'. This helps draw rapidly the attention of the reader and that is why so many enjoy this specific comic strip. It shows good mastery of the medium and just all out fun to read. The comic I did, does not do justice to how well McCay has drawn but I like to mess around with stories I know and treasure. But really I believe I would have some kind of spinal, brain or back problems if I dropped off my bed every night. I am suprised he didn't go insane or why didn't he try to force himself to sleep so that he could stay in that universe (of course medical ways are available). I wouldn't mind it. A crazy bed, an imp, a cigar loving clown and a king willing to hook you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger