Sunday, October 18, 2009

Carl Barks-Donald Duck's Atom Bomb


To me Carl Barks is a genius when it comes to comic books. I had never really knew or investigated into who was known famously for drawing Donald Duck. To me personally Donald Duck was my favorite character out of all Disney cast members. His temper, outrages and stubbornness made him an appealing character. The one who his always negative, tempered with caution, and likes to win a lot. Carl Barks really makes the character come alive in they well colored, well drawn comic books. Yes it is targeted to kids, but I think that anyone of any age can enjoy. I like the mannerism that he gives to the characters, I makes you forget that he is actually making a duck talk like a human. But he able to mesh together the facial expressions, body language and just the atmosphere of the setting to give you a wonderful story. For my cartoon I did a spoof of Donald Duck. I just thought it was funny, especially when at one time Disney did propaganda for the military. Also I had to add the Furry Freak Brothers....Those are some messed up guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger